|Fleming County Hospital makes every effort to accommodate visitors as much as possible. Visitors are an important part of the recovery process. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Visits should be brief to avoid tiring the patients
- Children are welcome, but please do not leave them unattended.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room when the physician is consulting or special care is being given
- Visitors should adhere to the no smoking policy
- Anyone with a cold, sore throat or other contagious illness should not visit patients
- If the patient is in isolation, please check with the nurse before entering the room
- Please be courteous of others and keep talking and noise to a minimum
- As a courtesy, no more than two people should visit at a time
Fire and Other Safety Drills
While you are staying with us, the hospital staff may conduct fire or disaster drills. These routine, mandatory drills assure maximum safety for all patients.
Parking for Out-patient Service, patients and visitors for medical or surgerical wings should park in front of the hospital. Emergency Room is located at the side of the hospital and all emergency patients should park near the emergency entrance. Therapy and Clinic patient parking is in front of the Gorman Medical Arts building.
The hospital Gift Shop is located in the Front Lobby of the hospital. The Fleming County Hospital Auxiliary operates the gift shop with volunteers. Offering a variety of gifts and novelties, the gift shop is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 7pm, Saturday from 11:00am to 4:00pm and Sunday from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the Nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to the patients as some patients are on restricted diets. In the CCU, please check wih the Unit Nurse regarding any gift to patients.
Mail and Flowers
Mail and flowers are delivered daily to the Nursing Station. These will be brought to your room. Outgoing mail may be given to your Nurse or left at the Nursing Station.
Who You Might See In Your Room
During your stay, you will see a variety of hospital employees in your room who are there to perform their duties. Each employee is required to wear a Fleming County Hospital name badge at all times. If you have any questions about someone in your room, please ask your nurse. The following are some persons that you may see at some point during your stay at Fleming County Hospital: Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Dietitian, Laboratory Staff, Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology Staff; Curdiopulmonary Staff, Rehabilitation Staff, Housekeepers, Case Management/Discharge Planning, Financial Services Counselors, and/or Chaplains.